My photo
22. procrastination queen. online shopping addict. don't know any better, better is boring

04 May 2011

reckless

one of my highlights from day two at rafw was the kate sylvester collection. so using my basic (and i stress basic) photoshop skills i put together a collage of my six favourite looks.
.
.
when i first saw the opening look of this collection, i was taken aback by sylvester's choice of heavy black eye makeup. uh oh, panda eyes are beauty's next best bet? or worse, this is a taylor momsen inspired collection? it was super-smoky and i was not impressed. but as i made my way through look after look, i started to understand the significance of the makeup in creating an eerie and almost uncomfortable atmosphere, which review after review has praised the show for. the heavy make up contrasted with the elegant and rather feminine clothing, made wasted look chic. the more i look at the collection, the more hooked i get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment